Wednesday 10 May 2017

April WIPocalypse

Hello Everyone,

I am a little late on this post because I wanted to get the Kingfisher finished. Make sure to check out Measi's blog to see everyone's work on their WIPs.  The only WIP that I really worked on was the Kingfisher as I wanted to get the piece finished. The last page did not take too long as most of the stitches were half-stitches. I am really happy with how the piece turned out and it will be going to the framers very soon.

"Kingfisher" by the Stitching Studio
Original art by Sue Coleman
32 count linen (over 2)
7.0'' x 18.7''
Started: June 2016
Finished: May 2017

Here is a close-up of the kingfisher with (right) and without (left) the backstitching. I decided to take out the backstitching in the body to match the model. The pictures make the backstitching much more subtle than the real life piece looked. 












The question for this month was about our UFO's. I do have a piece of needlework that has not been worked on for at least a year, it has maybe never even been photographed and put on this blog. I will likely go back and finish it at some point, but I am running out of yarn and I don't know if I want to switch to DMC and restart or if I should just push through with the yarn.

Next up I will be working on my HAED and pushing for a page finish. I am definitely looking forward to stitching on it and finishing up some of the purple flowers.

See everyone next week,

xxoo,
Bekah

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very glad to have it complete and be able to move on to another one :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful stitching love the Kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the Kingfisher. This is a lovelym unique design. Looking forward to seeing what you work on next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is always nice getting a project finish! My next post will have the new project :)

      Delete
  4. super job -- we're getting some cool spring weather - perfect for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and having so much more light in the evening helps as well.

      Delete